The Fairfax Station Railroad Museum Gift Shop emphasizes three main themes:
- Railroading in American history
- Fairfax Station's role in the Civil War
- Local area history
The gift shop stocks a variety of merchandise including the sampling, below:
Books – Civil War books, including Mosby Vignettes and Clara Barton; railroad and model train books; O. Winston Link books; and many others including authors such as Nan Netherton.
- Collectibles – Cats Meows’ Fairfax Station Museum and St. Mary’s; Flags including large & small Confederate and Virginia; mugs, etc.
- Clothing – Fairfax Station children and adult sweatshirts and tee shirts including long sleeve adult mock tees; other designs in tees and sweatshirts; adult caboose related ladies nightshirt; Cute Caboose and Tender Behind red boxers; train-themed jewelry.
- Railroading – Southern Railway train telephone, train whistles, hats, books, and so many other train related items.
- Drawings and photographic reprints – including many O. Winston Link railroad reprints, some framed; numerous Civil War drawings; collage of Fairfax Station history by Paul Salmon.
- Kid’s Korner – great selection of children’s toys, books, railroad and Civil War hats, etc.
- Postcards and note cards – local, O. Winston Link photographs, Civil War