The Fairfax Station Railroad Museum holds several special events and exhibits throughout the year.
- We continuously monitor the latest VA and Fairfax County recommendations and mandates resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and will comply with those at all times. We ask our visitors to do the same. Thank you!
- The Museum hosts several model train displays during the year in cooperation with area model train groups
- Model trains ranging from large G-scale to tiny Z-scale are displayed regularly throughout the year, many during special two-day exhibits.
- Participating organizations and individuals include the Potomac Module Crew (HO scale), the Washington Virginia & Maryland Garden Railway Society (G scale), Monty’s Trains (LEGO), the Northern Virginia NTRAK (N scale).
- We have regular “Hands On” days where visitors of all ages can take part in activities ranging from model train layout preparation to artifact restoration.
- Learn simple modeling techniques by making your own mini-layout. It’s quick and fun!
- Explore railroad history by using the same preservation methods our volunteers use to restore and protect its artifacts — many of them well over a century old.
- Our biggest model train event of the year is the annual Holiday Train Show, which takes place over the first weekend in December. The show routinely draws a thousand visitors over the weekend. (Please note this event will resume in December of 2022)
- In addition to regularly scheduled events, the Station hosts special exhibits and activities, including local artists and craft shows.
Become a member and enjoy twelve months of free admission to all events!
Want to be on our mailing list? Please provide us your name and email below: