The Fairfax Station Railroad Museum holds several special events and exhibits throughout the year.
- Out of an abundance of caution we wish to advise you that an individual, who has subsequently tested positive for COVID-19, was at the museum for several hours on September 5th and 6th. This individual was not exhibiting any symptoms at that time but subsequently was admitted to the hospital on Friday September 17th after exhibiting symptoms on the evening of September the 16th. We have informed the Fairfax County Department of Health of this and they advised us there is no need for contact tracing as it has been over 14 days since any potential exposure. In addition, they have stated it is highly unlikely the individual was contagious on September 5th or 6th as the typical onset for COVID-19 symptoms is four to five days. To our knowledge, no one who visited the museum that weekend, or subsequently, have reported any symptoms of COVID-19 or a positive test.
- We continuously monitor the latest VA and Fairfax County recommendations and mandates resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and will comply with those at all times. We ask our visitors to do the same. Thank you!
- The Museum hosts several model train displays during the year in cooperation with area model train groups
- Model trains ranging from large G-scale to tiny Z-scale are displayed regularly throughout the year, many during special two-day exhibits.
- Participating organizations and individuals include the Potomac Module Crew (HO scale), the Washington Virginia & Maryland Garden Railway Society (G scale), Monty’s Trains (LEGO), the Northern Virginia NTRAK (N scale).
- We have regular “Hands On” days where visitors of all ages can take part in activities ranging from model train layout preparation to artifact restoration.
- Learn simple modeling techniques by making your own mini-layout. It’s quick and fun!
- Explore railroad history by using the same preservation methods our volunteers use to restore and protect its artifacts — many of them well over a century old.
- Our biggest model train event of the year is the annual Holiday Train Show, which takes place over the first weekend in December. The show routinely draws a thousand visitors over the weekend. (Please note this event will resume in December of 2022)
- In addition to regularly scheduled events, the Station hosts special exhibits and activities, including local artists and craft shows.
Become a member and enjoy twelve months of free admission to all events!
Want to be on our mailing list? Please provide us your name and email below: